1. What learning skills can be developed using ict tools?
Here are some learning skills that can be developed using ict tools.
* By learning how to use the internet you can find out information and research.
* By using DVD’s and cd ROMs, this allows for the use of cameras and videos on a pc.
* By using and developing ict tools you can use databases which allows you to enter and store information.
* By using ict skills you can plan AND GIVE INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN EG PROGRAMMING A ‘FLOORTURTLE’
* BY USING ICT skills this will allow you to develop keyboard skills this will help in the future to touch type.
* Learning and developing ict tools will allow ict tools will allow for communication with social media, like email and skype.
* Developing ict skills can allow for the use of printing and presenting work.
2. Discuss five factors the teaching assistant should consider when setting up ict.
Most ict equipment emits background noise when the power is switched on and some software features sound, this may become distracting to other people or other classrooms nearby, maybe the use of headphones may help reduce distractions.
When setting up ict it’s important that the teaching assistant sets out clear instructions for the use of any ict equipment or software and what web page to use.
Password and username
Teaching assistants must make sure that each child has a password and username to use while using ict equipment.
Desks and workstations
There should be enough space around a workstation for paper, books and other materials, which includes any special educational needs equipment such as overlay keyboards.
When equipment is being used such as photocopiers, the fast-moving parts could trap clothing, jewellery and hair.
Photocopiers should be located in well-ventilated areas, and pupils should not be allowed to handle toners and inks or try to repair faults....